The Professional Hypnotherapy Course can lead you to a new and exciting career as a hypnotherapist. The course consists of 8 written modules and optional practical training, along with training CDs and additional materials detailed below.
The home study section is designed to be completed at your own pace - with a
recommended minimum of three months.
Included within the Course is a Glossary of Hypnotic Terms and a specially
chosen selection of CDs to give you another chance to experience
hypnosis for yourself. The benefits of these CDs are three-fold - they
will help you to experience being in hypnosis and so recognize similar signs
in your own clients - they will show you how to formulate your own
inductions and create your own CDs - and a special "Confidence for
Therapists" CD will help to programme your own mind for your
successful future career.
Module 1: Printed Module, Glossary and CD
Module One covers:
Included with Module One are the Welcome Pack, our Glossary of Hypnotic Terms and an Introduction to Hypnotherapy CD.
- Course introduction and a history of hypnosis
- Introduction to the subconscious mind
- Understanding Freud's theory of character formation
- Recognizing some of the subtle signs of hypnosis
- Step-by-step through a first session of hypnosis
- How the subconscious mind accepts suggestions
- Bypassing conscious awareness when communicating in hypnosis
Module 2: Printed Module
Module Two covers:
- Rules of analysis
- Dealing with common effects such as abreaction, resistance, transference and neurosis
- Methods of dream interpretation
- How to formulate hypnotic suggestions
- Methods of induction
- Explanation of the causes of phobias
- Functions of the subconscious mind
Module 3: Printed Module and 2 CDs
Module Three covers:
- The process of trance development in depth
- How to deepen the hypnotic state
- How to define the client's problem
- How secondary gain can influence the outcome of therapy
- Symptoms of anorexia, bulimia and obesity
- Helping survivors of child abuse
- Multiple Personality Disorder
- Using anchors in hypnosis to increase the self confidence of your clients
- Step-by-step through the second session of analysis
Module Three also includes 2 CDs containing 8 inspirational hypnotic recordings to enable you to experience hypnosis for yourself.
Module 4: Printed Module
Module Four covers:
- The use of hypnosis with pain relaxation using glove anaesthesia visualization and other techniques
- Providing relaxation for living with various disorders that your clients are likely to seek help for. These include anxiety, arthritis, children's allergies, depression, drug addiction, fears and phobias, irritable bowel syndrome, ME, obsessive compulsive disorders, skin conditions and sleep disorders, amongst others.
- Changing a client's personal history
- The use of hypnosis for child-birthing
Module 5: Printed Module
Module Five covers:
- Memory, learning and photo reading techniques
- Sports and performance improvement
- Hypnotherapy for public speaking
- Age-progression and regression
- Past life regression with hypnosis and other methods such as the Christos Technique
- Hypnotherapy for stress management
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eye movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR)
- Instructions for utilizing self hypnosis
Module 6: Printed Module
Module Six covers:
- Several methods of inducing hypnosis in both adults and children
- How to create amnesia with your subjects
- Methods of transferring pain, fractionalization and catalepsy
- Problems likely to arise with children such as hair pulling, nail biting and thumb sucking
- The silent (pantomime) technique
- The Esdaile State
Module 7: Printed Module and CD
Module Seven covers:
You will also receive our special Confidence for Hypnotherapists CD with this module to help you as you get closer to achieving your goal of becoming a professional Hypnotherapist.
- The use of hypnosis with dentistry
- Forensic hypnosis
- Body image visualizations and infertility relaxation
- Learn precisely how to write and record your hypnosis scripts
- Promoting your own hypnotherapy business.
- Legal aspects of hypnotherapy explained
- Dealing with relationship issues
- Using NLP with clients
- Lüscher Color Testing
- How to deal with clients with suicidal tendencies
Module 8: Printed Module, Book and Examination
Module Eight contains all the resources that you will need in your practice, including:
You will also receive the bound Book of 70 Hypnotherapy Scripts.
- Client assessment forms
- How to write press releases and effective advertisements
- Introductory letters to GPs
- Instructions for using Autogenic Programming with clients
- Handouts for clients wanting to stop smoking
- Details of the quick phobia release
- Common questions and answers that you may need for clients who come to you for help
Practical tuition is offered to all students, though attendance is optional. Learn more about practical tuition here.
Further Reading Materials
On enrolment you will be provided with
a reading list of five books and whilst not essential to the Course, it is
anticipated that you will find each one of these books a valuable source of
additional information and inspiration.
On completion of the Course there is a written examination that can be completed in your own time.
The examination is free for students who complete the question papers that accompany the first seven modules (question papers are returned to provide valuable feedback for you).
The examination includes a selection of case histories for you to choose from which you would be expected to describe in depth a suitable hypno-therapeutic approach for.
You will also be required to submit an audio recording of yourself (tape, CD or MP3), containing an induction, deepener and treatment session in order that we can provide feedback on your vocal presentation if necessary and an original hypnotherapy script.
The examination is optional. However students who have not successfully completed the examination will receive only the Certificate of Completion.
Remember, individual help and advice are available throughout.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy Qualification
The Diploma in Hypnotherapy is issued to successful students on completion
of the examination. There is no additional charge for the examination. Your clients will
expect to see evidence that you have trained and qualified in this field and
the Diploma will give you confidence in your own ability, knowing that you
have learned all that you need to know to practice your skills effectively.
On completion of the examination you will be fully entitled to use the
designatory letters DHP after your name - Diploma in Hypnotherapy - and if
for any reason a student does not meet the requirements of the examination
they will receive constructive feedback and advice to enable them to succeed
in the future. Successful students will be recommended for membership of the
Professional Hypnotherapy Practitioners' Association.
If you decide to become a hypnotherapist you will undoubtedly find it an
interesting and rewarding occupation. You will meet all sorts of people from
all walks of life - no two cases will be the same. You may be asked to
appear on radio, TV or to write articles for magazines or newspapers.
section of the Course covers setting up your own successful private practice
- you can decide on your own fees, currently anything between
£25.00 and £100.00 per session, depending on the area in which you choose to
Practical Tuition & Workshops